Cultrex® Basement Membrane Extract (BME) is a soluble form of basement membrane purified from Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) tumor. The extract gels at 37°C to form a reconstituted basement membrane. The major components of BME include laminin, collagen IV, entactin, andheparin sulfate proteoglycan.
The PathClear® designation means that in addition to standard sterility, endotoxin and MAP testing, the basement membrane extract is tested by PCR and is clear of 31 pathogens and viruses, including lactate dehydrogenase elevating virus (LDEV). Each lot is rigorously qualified in biological performance assays.
- Endotoxin (LPS) Concentration: ≤ 8 EU/ml
- Source: Murine Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) tumor.
- Storage Buffer: Dulbecco’s Modified Eagle’s medium containing 10 mg/ml gentamycin sulfate +/- phenol red.
- Protein concentration ranges from 14 to 16 mg/ml.
- Storage/Stability: Product is stable for a minimum of 3 months from date of shipment when stored at –20 °C in a manual defrost freezer. For optimal stability, store at –80 °C in aliquots.
A free vial of Phenol Red is included with shipment only when added to the order.
Cultrex® Basement Membrane Extract, Type 3, PathClear®
| Cultrex® Basement Membrane Extract, Type 3, PathClear®||3632-001-02||1ml||$35.00|
Cultrex® 3-D Culture Matrix™ Basement Membrane Extract, PathClear®
| Cultrex® 3-D Culture Matrix™ Reduced Growth Factor Basement Membrane Extract, PathClear®||3445-001-01||1 ml||$50.00|
|3445-010-01||2 X 5 ml||$330.00|