This monoclonal antibody is specific for poly(ADP-ribose) (PAR) polymer. It can be used to detect ribosylated proteins by ELISA, Western blot, immunocytochemistry in situ, and for immunopurification. It is supplied with a positive control for ELISA and Western blot analysis consisting of poly-ADP-ribosylated PARP-1 protein (PARP-PAR).
- ELISA, Western Blot Analysis, immunoprecipitation, and immunopurification. For Western blots, an antibody dilution of 1:1000 is recommended.
- Store the anti-PAR monoclonal at -20°C (manual defrost freezer).
- Store the PARP-treated protein control at -80°C.
This antibody is an IgG3 and is provided as purified immunoglobulin from mouse ascites in1X PBS containing 50% glycerol at 1 mg/ml. PARP-PAR is provided at 75 μM in 10 mil Tris-HCl (pH 8.0), 1 mM EDTA.
Purified ADP-ribose polymers between 2 and 50 units long
The antibody is specific for PAR polymers 2 to 50 units long, but does not recognize structurally related RNA, DNA, ADP-ribose monomers, NAD+, or other nucleic acid monomers.
1. Kupper, J.H., G. de Murcia, and A. Burkle. 1990. Inhibition of poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation by overexpressing the poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase DNA binding domain in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem 265:18721-18724.
2. Malik, N., M. Miwa, T. Sugimura, P. Thraves, and M. Smulson. 1983. Immunoaffinity fractionation of the poly(ADP-ribosyl)ated domains of chromatin. PNAS USA 80:2554-2558.
3. Kawamitsu, H., H. Hoshino, H. Okada, M. Miwa, H. Momoi, and T. Sugimura. 1984. Monoclonal antibodies to poly(adenosine diphosphate ribose) recognize different structures. Biochem 23:3771- 3777.
4. Affar, E.B., et al. 1998. Immunodot blot method for the detection of poly(ADP-ribose) synthesized in vitro and in vivo. Anal Biochem 259:280-283.
5. Ismail, I.H., S. Nystrom, J. Nygren, and O. Hammarsten. 2005. Activation of ataxia telangiectasia mutated by DNA strand break-inducing agents correlates closely with the number of DNA double strand breaks. J Biol Chem 280:4649-4655.
6. Gagné, J-P., M. Isabelle, K.S. Lo, S. Bourassa, M.J. Hendzel, V.L. Dawson, T.M. Dawson, and G.G. Poirier. 2008. Proteome-wide identification of poly (ADP-ribose) binding proteinsand poly(ADP-ribose)-associated protein complexes. Nucleic Acids Res 36:6959-6976.