Tankyrase 1 Colorimetric Activity Assay
Trevigen's Tankyrase 1 Colorimetric Activity Assay is a highly sensitive colorimetric screening kit for the identification of Tankyrase 1 inhibitors in an in vitro system. Tankyrase 1, also known as PARP5a, is a telomere associated poly (ADPribose) polymerase that is recruited to telomeres via its interaction with TRF1 and plays a role in the maintenance of telomere length, sister telomere association, and mitotic spindle organization. Changes in telomere function have been associated with various diseases, including cancer and aging. Tankyrase 1 has also been shown to destabilize axin, thereby activating Wnt signaling and driving tumor cell proliferation. Given these known activities, Tankyrase 1 has become a prominent cancer drug target. Trevigen's Tankyrase 1 Colorimetric Activity Assay is ideal for the screening of Tankyrase 1 inhibitors and determining IC50 values. The Tankyrase 1 Colorimetric Activity Assay is an ELISA which semi-quantitatively detects poly (ADP-ribose) (PAR) deposited onto immobilized histone proteins in a 96-well format. An anti-PAR monoclonal antibody, goat anti-mouse IgG-HRP conjugate, and HRP substrate are used to generate a colorimetric signal. Thus, the conversion of blue substrate correlates with Tankyrase 1 activity.
Precautions and Limitations
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- The physical, chemical, and toxicological properties of the chemicals and reagents contained in the Tankyrase 1 Colorimetric Activity Assay may not yet have been fully investigated. Therefore, Trevigen recommends the use of gloves, lab coats, and eye protection while using any of these chemical reagents. Trevigen assumes no liability for damage resulting from handling or contacting these products. MSDS are available upon request.
- Colorimetric, non-radioactive format
- Higher throughput 96 test size
- Sensitivity down to 0.1 mUnits of Tankyrase 1
- 5X Antibody Diluent
- Anti-PAR monoclonal antibody
- Goat anti-mouse IgG-HR
- 20X I-PAR Assay Buffer
- Histone-Coated Natural Strip Well Plate, I-PAR
- Tankyrase 1, 10 mUnits/µ
- Assay Substrate
- XAV939, 1 mM